Philip R. Bruce
- Labor and Employment
- Complex Business Litigation
- Class Actions
About Phil's Practice
Phil Bruce counsels and represents employers exclusively in all aspects of labor and employment law, including matters involving wage and hour law, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, employee handbook policies and procedures, discipline and termination, drug and alcohol testing, medical and disability leave, litigation avoidance, and compliance with a myriad of state and federal laws. He also defends employers in state and federal courts, before administrative agencies, and in arbitration against claims of workplace harassment, Title VII employment discrimination, FLSA violations, and wrongful discharge and retaliation.
A portion of Phil’s practice is devoted to complex business litigation, including breach of contract cases, breach of confidentiality cases, and cases involving Lanham Act violations.
- J.D., with distinction, University of Oklahoma, 2011
- Editorial Board, Oklahoma Law Review; Order of Barristers; American Association for Justice Mock Trial Team; Luther Bohanon American Inn of Court
- B.A. (Political Science), cum laude, University of Kentucky, 2008
Major Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Co-Editor, Oklahoma Employment Law Letter
- Contributing Editor, Midwest Employment Law Letter
- Quoted, "NLRB Sides with Gig Economy Firms as Worker Classification Landscape Evolves," HR Daily Advisor, January 30, 2019
- Author, "Oklahoma joins states limiting social media access in hiring," HR Daily Advisor, May 23, 2014
- Author, "It's time to take a new look at your wellness plans," Oklahoma Employment Law Letter," February 2014, and HR Hero Line, May 2, 2014
- Co-Author, Oklahoma Employment Law: Practice and Forms Manual, since 2013.
- Contributing Author, Oklahoma Employment Law Letter
- Contributing Author, EmployerLINC.
Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,”
Admitted to Practice
- Oklahoma, 2011
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Northern and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma