About Nita's Practice
Nita Beecher is a nationally-recognized expert on Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) matters. She is Counsel to Fortney & Scott, LLC with a focus on OFCCP regulatory affairs. Ms. Beecher's primary focus is labor and employment law with substantial experience with class investigations by the EEOC and OFCCP. She has more than 30 years of experience in labor and employment law particularly with class investigations by the OFCCP and the EEOC.
From 2000 to 2015, she led networks of senior diversity, EEO and affirmative action corporate practitioners as well as senior in-house labor and employment lawyers.
Ms. Beecher served as an in-house counsel in major corporations for more than 20 years where she advised in-house clients on labor and employment law issues including, among other matters, OFCCP "Glass Ceiling" audits, EEOC class age investigations, implementation of the ADA, and FLSA Wage and Hour audits, and developed a self-audit tool for McDonnell Douglas Corporation and The Boeing Company. Ms. Beecher also worked as in-house counsel for E. I. duPont de Nemours & Co., Consolidation Coal Company and Arch Coal Company.
In 2011 Ms. Beecher was selected by the National Research Council of the National Academies to participate in the Expert Study on Measuring and Collecting Pay Information from U.S. Employers by Gender, Race, and National Origin. Requested by the EEOC, the report by the panel was issued in 2012.
Ms. Beecher has been a regular speaker at the ILG National Conference since 2004 and she moderated the opening panel for the 2015 conference in New York City.
University of North Carolina School of Law, (J.D., 1978); (A.B., 1975)
Major Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Editor, Federal Employment Law Insider
- Quoted, "Signaling end of overtime rule, DOL will seek public input on new regs," Human Resources News, June 8, 2017
- Quoted, "DOL rescinds joint-employment, independent contractor guidance," Human Resources News, June 8, 2017
- Quoted, "Trump puts final nail in the coffin: Blacklisting rule 'gone forever'," Human Resources News, March 28, 2017
- Quoted, "Trump proposes 'substantial' DOL budget cut," Human Resources News, March 17, 2017
- Quoted, "SCOTUS nominee 'excellent' choice for employers," Human Resources News, February 1, 2017
- Quoted, "Trump takes aim at ACA on first day in office," Human Resources News, January 23, 2017
- Author, "What Can Federal Contractors Expect Under the Trump Administration? Here's What We Know So Far," HR Daily Advisor, January 18, 2017
- Quoted, "Which employer mandates are on Trump's chopping block?" HR Hero Line, December 23, 2016
- Author, "Time for federal contractors to new paid leave requirements," Federal Employment Law Insider, November 2016, and Human Resources News, December 13, 2016
- Quoted, "Puzder nomination could be the end of overtime rules," Human Resources News, December 13, 2016
- Co-Author, "Judge blocks Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces final rule," Federal Employment Law Insider, November 2016, and HR Hero Line, November 11, 2016
- Quoted, "Final rule updates sex discrimination guidelines for federal contractors," Human Resources News, June 14, 2016
- Author, "EEOC takes step toward adding pay data to EEO-1 reports," Federal Employment Law Insider, February 2016, and Human Resources News, January 29, 2016
- Member, Academy of Science Expert Study On Measuring and Collecting Pay Information from US Employers by Gender, Race and National Origin
- Member, American Bar Association, Equal Employment Committee
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, St. Louis ILG
Admitted to Practice
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- North Carolina
- Western District of Pennsylvania