Amy M. McLaughlin
- Employment Law
- General Civil Litigation
About Amy's Practice
Amy M. McLaughlin joined the firm's employment law group in October 1999. She advises and defends employers in matters arising under state and federal employment laws, including the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Vermont's Fair Employment Practices Act and wrongful termination issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. McLaughlin practiced with the Vermont Department of Labor & Industry. While in this position, her practice primarily focused on wage and hour compliance and workers' compensation issues.
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1997
- Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, B.B.A., 1994
Major Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Editor, Vermont Employment Law Letter
- Contributing Editor, New England Employment Law Letter
- Author, "Vermont Minimum Wage to Increase Following Override of Governor's Veto," HR Daily Advisor, February 25, 2020
- Author, "Documentation: Vermont hospital heeds HR words to live by," Vermont Employment Law Letter, July 2016, and HR.BLR.com, August 31, 2016
- Author, "2nd Circuit clarifies standard for discrimination and retaliation claims," Vermont Employment Law Letter, October 2015, and HR.BLR.com, December 10, 2015
Admitted to Practice
Vermont (1998); U.S. District Courts, District of Vermont (1999); Maryland (1997)